Bright Starts III continues to offer segments of Open Learning and experience-based academic modules (relating to reading, writing, numeracy and a second language). It is bolstered by the inclusion of two new components, which may be described as follows:
– Emotional Intelligence through Drama and Role-Play
– Cooking and the Preparation of Simple Meals
– Money & Time Skills
– Self-Help Skills (e.g. managing buttons and zips, cleaning up)
The PROJECT APPROACH (SCIENCE)
– Observing, Investigating and Measuring Phenomena
– Reasoning by Prediction, Deduction or Inference
– Representing Ideas, Concepts and Results through art, pictures and words
Bright Starts III is conducted as a daily programme. The subjects covered in the experience-based academic modules are:
Mondays: Language Arts, Numicon Mathematics and The Project Approach
Tuesdays: Letters, Phonics and Learning-to-Read
Wednesdays: Mandarin and The Project Approach
Thursdays: Mandarin and The Project Approach
Fridays: Language Arts, Science and The Project Approach
PARENT / CAREGIVER INVOLVEMENT
Children who are attending school for the first time without the accompaniment of their parents and caregivers may have separation anxiety.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to co-operate with Wee Care educators to assure their children and to help them to settle down in school.
A Profile of Progress, showing some of the lessons taught and more importantly, the different categories of the individual child’s development, will be made available to all parents at the end of each semester.
CLASS SIZE and EDUCATOR-CHILD RATIO
Each class can only accommodate a maximum of fifteen (15) children, who are led and taught by three (3) Wee Care educators.
ADMISSION and FEES
Children are admitted into the Bright Starts programme at the start of each 10-week or 12-week term through the completion of a Parent-Toddler PlayGroup programme, a parent-accompanied Holiday Programme or a Primer Programme or a personal admission consultation. Such an admission procedure will enable parents and children to get to know the Wee Care teachers and the school environment prior to starting school. The impact of separation anxiety will also be reduced. Therefore, direct and/or mid-term admissions are only given on a case-by-case basis.
Programme fees (incl. of GST) and the corresponding deposit (excl. of GST) are as follows:
Deposits are refunded according to the terms and conditions of registration.
After ascertaining from our School Administrator that vacancies are available, please:
- Register your child using the prescribed Registration Form that is available at each of our centres.
- Pay a Registration Fee of $220.00 (including GST with effect from January 2016) and an Insurance Fee of $3.00 upon registration. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Pay a Deposit upon registration to guarantee your child’s place at Wee Care. The Deposit amount is based on the programme chosen and is refundable according to the terms and conditions of cancellations and withdrawals.
- Submit the Registration Form and the requisite fees in person at our centre or by post. We accept payments by cash, NETS and cheques.