Wee Care’s Parent-Toddler PlayGroup builds on the foundations established in the Parent-Infant PlayGroup programme. For new children, it is an opportunity to explore, discover and learn about themselves and the world in which they live. Parents at Wee Care are encouraged to participate in the learning activities each week as the importance of adult input in increasing a child’s level of development continues to be emphasised. In turn, our team of specialist educators facilitate in the development of the social bonds that are required for motivated, directed and purposeful play.
The Parent-Toddler PlayGroup programme continues to build on the child’s ability to relate socially with others. Toddlers are encouraged to interact with their peers and by 2 years old, many of them appear to be more self-confident and articulate. They also seem to be able to focus on learning tasks better, and to process the physical and social environments in a more organised fashion. All these will prepare and enable them to take the big step forward to the next level of learning in the Bright Starts programme. This is a preschool programme that helps young children to develop pre-academic abilities, social skills, emotional intelligence and independence.
ACTIVITIES and FORMAT
The Parent-Toddler PlayGroup programme encourages toddlers to learn through structured play activities via exploration, manipulation and discovery. A weekly theme provides the backdrop for learning goals and activities that vary from week to week. Typically, a Parent-Toddler PlayGroup session involves the following:
- Welcome and Music Time
- Stations for Structured Learning, including imaginative play and thinking skills to provide the child with individual attention in a group setting
- Soft-Play and Multi-Sensory Learning for sensorimotor development
- Snack and Circle Time for acquiring social scripts and interaction skills
- Closing and Goodbye
Outdoor Play and Nature Time are available according to the theme for the week and when the weather permits.
The length of each Parent-Toddler PlayGroup session is one-and-a-half (1½) hours.
PARENT / CAREGIVER INVOLVEMENT
Parent involvement is essential in line with the Wee Care belief that adults can scaffold and increase a child’s level of development. Involvement is limited to one adult (usually either the father or the mother) per child. Each class can only accommodate a maximum of eight (8) pairs of parents and toddlers who are led and facilitated by two Wee Care educators.
ADMISSION and FEES
Children are admitted into the Parent-Toddler PlayGroup programme at the start of each term. Mid-term admissions are possible only when there are vacancies. A one-time trial session may be requested for S$58. Programme fees (incl. of GST) and the corresponding deposit (excl. of GST) are as follows:
Deposits are refunded according to the terms and conditions of registration. After ascertaining from our School Administrator that vacancies are available, please:
- Register your child using the prescribed Registration Form that is available at each of our centres.
- Pay a Registration Fee of $220.00 (inclusive of GST with effect from January 2016) and an Insurance Fee of $3.00 upon registration. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Pay a Deposit upon registration to guarantee your child’s place at Wee Care. The Deposit amount is based on the programme chosen and is refundable according to the terms and conditions of cancellations and withdrawals.
- Submit the Registration Form and the requisite fees in person at our centre or by post. We accept payments by cash, NETS and cheques.
We regret that we cannot set aside places in our centre for registrations that are submitted by post without an accompanying cheque for the appropriate amount.